Professionalism, Integrity, Accountability, and Respect for All
The Winchester Fire Department is committed to upholding these core values. How we operate our organization and work with each other is reflected by adhering to the following enabling statements:
- Healthy and safe communities and working environments
- Responsibility and initiative by every individual and by our organization as a whole.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Careful stewardship of financial, physical and natural resources.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Teamwork and the strength of decisions developed through open and collaborative processes.
- A workforce that reflects the diversity of our community.
- Cost-effective innovation and calculated risk in the pursuit of excellence.
- Individual effort to achieve the highest potential by embracing continuing education and skill development.
- A positive work environment for all employees.
- Respect and tolerance in the workplace and the community.
- Collaborative labor/management relations.
- Development of future leaders and leadership excellence through professional development.
- Performance and task accountability.